Eastern Lau Spreading Center
A back-arc spreading center where both ridge processes and plate recirculation can be investigated
Access summaries of Funded Projects.
Cruise metadata and derived data are available on the Data Portal .
A list of related papers is available in the References Database.
Click for list of all R2K cruises to the Lau ISS. are available.
- Science Report from the NE Lau Rapid Response Cruise NELRC Cruise Report (32.2 MB, 243-page PDF)
- Updates and preliminary findings from the NE Lau Rapid Response Cruise (NE Lau Response Cruise)
- Northern Lau Eruption Response (591 KB, 8-page PDF)
- Information about the PACINET Program (132 KB, 2-page PDF) that encourages taxonomic partnerships and capacity building in the Pacific Island region
- ISS Science and Planning Workshop Report
- ISS Progress and Planning Meeting Report
- ISS Implementation Plan (755 KB, 11-page PDF)
- ISS Site Proposal (29.3 MB, 25-page PDF)
- Integration and Synthesis Oversight Committee (ISOC):
Peter Michael (Chair), University of Tulsa
Chuck Fisher, Penn State University
Fernando Martinez, University of Hawaii
Anna-Louise Reysenbach, Portland State University
Meg Tivey, Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution
- Site Coordinator:
Jeff Seewald, Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution